Monday, November 10, 2008

Im thankful for the rain



As i was sitting here at work looking out the window at the rain falling, i realized how much i love it. I think the rain is beautiful. I love the dark clouds, the loud roar of the thunder and the piercing bright light from the lightening that shoots across the sky. I love when the thunder is so loud it almost scares me, or when the lightening makes the whole sky light up like fireworks ont he 4th of july. I love sitting in the rain, i love the way it feels on my skin. I love listening to the sound of rain while im cooking. I love sitting outside with trent cuddled up in the cold watching the rain fall or watching tyler dance and run around in circles while the rain falls and he begins to become soaked all over. I love the way the earth smells after a good rain storm. I love seeing the rain drops dripping off of the trees as if they feel nourished. Everything about the rain i love. I wish it would rain more.

Now if we have a sudden flood..dont blame me, im just grateful for the rain..not praying for a tsunami or anything. And yes i did knock on wood. I dont know why i love the rain. I grew up in a family that does construction. My dad owned his own concrete company which was fun and i have no complaints execpt i remember everynight at family prayer we always had to pray for no rain. MAYBE I LIKE THE RAIN,i always thought. If it rained the ground was too wet for him to work..no work meant no money and then no food. Okay okay..so i never went with out food because of the rain. (But wow that would be a story)I remember being happy when we didnt have to pray for no rain anymore.

Looking outside now, i can see the sun. :( i wish it would of rained a little longer. Am i the only one who would enjoy a good rain storm?

1 comments:

me said...

you are such a great writer toni i love it.